The Gay-Kimball Library is a Public Library made possible by Walter N. Gay’s land donation in 1927 and a bequest from Warren Kimball’s estate in 1945.
Our mission is to meet the recreational and informational needs of the community in a creative, professional, and welcoming manner. The Library will offer diverse resources and provide a community meeting place for people of all ages.
The Library has more evening hours to serve you better:
- Tuesday 10am – 7pm
- Wednesday & Thursday 2pm – 7pm
- Saturday 10am – 2pm
We hope this will give everyone more opportunity to fit the Awesomeness that is the Gay-Kimball Library into their busy schedules. We cannot wait to see you even more often!!
- GKL Community Coffee & Conversation: Last Saturday of every month. This month it’s 3/31st. Visit with your neighbors and enjoy coffee (or tea or juice) and delicious baked goods! It’ll be a great start your day. Added bonus: there’s a great selection of books and dvds nearby.
- Save the Date! Our Annual Spring Book Sale will be May 25 & 26. See the calendar for all the details.
- Reminder: There is a book return box located at the Troy Elementary School in the reading room to make it easier to return your books. I check it every Wednesday.
- Seriously, we have A LOT of children’s and young adult books! Please come get some.
- Early Literacy Backpacks: These kits checkout for two weeks and are meant for families to enjoy at home together. Six themes are currently available. Thanks to the Reading Nook program, a part of Impact Monadnock, for helping make these kits available.
- Attention all Troy business owners and employees: You are eligible for a free library card even if you’re not a Troy resident. Just bring in proof of employment in Troy (pay stub, etc) plus a photo ID and we’ll give you a card for FREE. Enjoy convenient access to great books & movies & our online content too.
Exciting News to Share!
Beginning in January we will be directly sharing some of our Bookapalooza Award Grant items with the Troy Elementary School. We will be bringing books to the School Library where this shared collection will rotate every 3-6 months. These amazing titles will be checked out and and returned right at the school! We are super excited at the prospect of making these titles easily available to kids (and teachers) who cannot make it over to see us on a regular basis.