The Gay-Kimball Library is a Public Library made possible by Walter N. Gay’s land donation in 1927 and a bequest from Warren Kimball’s estate in 1945.
Our mission is to meet the recreational and informational needs of the community in a creative, professional and welcoming manner. The Library will offer diverse resources and provide a community meeting place for people of all ages.
What’s going on at the Library?
- Legos & Wii any day! Just sign up!
- Story Time: 4pm on Tuesdays starting September 9th
- Book Sale: Oct. 3 (6-8p), Oct. 4 (9-2p)
- The play Sherlock Holmes Thurs, Oct 9th at 7 PM presented by the Hourglass Readers
- Book group 3rd Tuesday of the month at 4pm
NEW-ISH ON OUR WEBSITE!
- HeritageQuest is a history/genealogy database that offers researchers a treasure trove of information. Find information on people and places described in over 25,000 family and local histories. Contact the Library for the Login information (available only to Troy taxpayers).
- Read the Troy History booklets Troy 1815-1965 Sesquicentennial & Troy – As It Was 1815-1990 online. Find the links under Troy History at the top of the page or simply click on the titles above.
Click here to find easy access to recent feature length articles in many of the most popular magazines.
WWII letters from Troy residents!
See letters written from 1942-1944 to the Librarian, Annie Clark, along with a directory of Troy citizens in the armed forces for that time period. The letters were solicited by the Librarian and Library Trustees, George Ripley, A. H. Hanscom and J. T. Hawkins, to keep a record of all the Troy residents who were in the military and where they were stationed. Just click this link to see them all. WWII Letters from military members from Troy, NH. OR click on this link for a list of the letter writers and a direct link to their letters. Our Flickr Pro account is sponsored by the Edward Boufford American Legion, Post 56.
Troy genealogy buffs rejoice!
We have acquired from Janet McCullough the Genealogy of Births, Marriages Deaths in the Town of Troy, NH from the 1700s to 2010. Plus a list of who is in the Village Cemetery. Also, Village Cemetery Maps in PDF format. This is to the best of our knowledge. Please alert us to any errors. Click on Town Information above for all the links.