The Gay-Kimball Library is a Public Library made possible by Walter N. Gay’s land donation in 1927 and a bequest from Warren Kimball’s estate in 1945.
Our mission is to meet the recreational and informational needs of the community in a creative, professional, and welcoming manner. The Library will offer diverse resources and provide a community meeting place for people of all ages.
NEW HOURS START JANUARY 1ST!
The Library will have more evening hours beginning in January!!! To serve you better we will be open the following hours
- Tuesday 10am – 7pm
- Wednesday & Thursday 2pm – 7pm
- Saturday 10am – 2pm
We hope this will give everyone more opportunity to fit the Awesomeness that is the Gay-Kimball Library into their busy schedules. We cannot wait to see you even more often!!
What’s going on at the Library?
- Catherine is BACK. I know I am just as surprised as you are!
- The Giving Tree is also back at the Library! Come in now to get a tag & then buy a gift for a child in need. The deadline to drop off said gift at the Library is December 15. I will be here specifically on Friday from 9am – 12pm for folks to bring in the gifts. I know that’s not much time, but I have faith you can fit it into your busy schedule! Hope to see you soon.
- Cooking: the Book Group – a book club meets cooking group! Wednesday, December 13th at 6:30pm. Cookie Swap!! Who doesn’t love a good cookie. Attendees are asked to bring three dozen cookies, homemade or not, to swap! Everyone is welcome. If you enjoy good food, conversation and laughter, this is your event! We will provide coffee, tea etc.. Please let us know if you are coming!
- Seriously, we have A LOT of children’s and young adult books! Please come get some.
- For the Christmas Holiday we will be closed on Saturday, December 23rd and Tuesday, December 26th.
Exciting News to Share!
Our director, Stephanie, submitted a grant proposal for the Bookapalooza Award Grant, via Association for Library Services to Children (ALSC). She is THRILLED to announce to our Library has been selected as one of three winners nationwide!!
Through this Award, we will be receiving boxes of new children’s materials, including BOOKS (fiction and nonfiction), AUDIOBOOKS, and DVDs. These materials will arrive sometime at the end of the month/beginning of May–then we will be busy getting them reading for the Summer Reading Program!
We are thrilled to have been selected as a worthy recipient. These items will be an amazing addition to our collection and will benefit all the children in Troy.