TROY WATER AND SEWER COMMISSIONERS MEETING
October 14, 2020
Page 1 of 1
PRESENT: Bucky Sheats, Bert Lang, Carl Patten, Kris Lepisto and Justin Frazier
Meeting called to Order –Bert called the meeting to order at 5:00
REVIEW OF THE MINUTES FROM September 16, 2020 – Carl made a motion to accept the minutes as read, Bucky seconded,
all in favor to accept minutes as read.
GUEST: Joe Sabolevski (Troy Power Sports) – Mr. Sabolevski came before the Board to see if there was any way he may be able to connect to the town sewer. He is in need of connecting for a wash bay inside. Board discussed and will have Justin look at some possible options and cost and will get back to Mr. Sabolevski.
1. Manholes North Main St – Justin shared they will be doing paving next Wednesday 10/21. Manholes will be repaired next year.
2. Meter on Monadnock St – Is on Justin’s list of things to do.
3. PDIP – Bert asked Rhonda to reach out to Ben for our November meeting.
4. Drainage Update – Mark texted Rhonda as he was unable to be here and wanted to know why we haven’t put stone in the sump area
By the new pipe that is filling in with silt? Justin shared that he has not been able to get a Town truck as they have been down, he will
take care of. Justin shared that he also found the underdrainage and it is draining over the bank.
5. Gravel Pack Road– Justin shared quarter panel is in primed, sanded and ready to paint. The door handles are fixed. Is almost ready
1. Vacation Roll-Over – Rhonda asked the Board if they would consider letting her roll over two (2) weeks of her vacation from this
year to next year due to covid and not being able to go away for vacation. Carl made a motion to allow it this year only due to covid
Kris seconded, three in favor, one abstained.
2. Budget Review – Rhonda gave a copy of the 2021 proposed budget to the Board for their review. The Water/Sewer Dept. meets with
the Select Board on 10/15. She increased the bottom line of the budget by $1,108.00 to cover the Health Insurance increase.
3. Rates – After reviewing the budget and our revenues the Board reviewed increase for the Water Rates. After much discussion Buck
made a motion to increase the water rates by 5%, Carl seconded. All in favor. A public hearing will be set up for Nov. 4 at 5:00. This
will bring the rate from $49.50 for first 500 cu ft. to $51.98. Then for every 100 cu ft. after from $4.95 to $5.19.
4. Recycle Checks – Rhonda would like to start depositing the checks from scrap-it into the water savings so when the money is used to
purchase tools it does not reflect on the operating budget. Bucky made a motion to deposit all the funds from scrap-it into the water
savings account when tools are purchased to pay from the water savings account based on money deposited from scrap-it. Carl
seconded, all in favor.
5. Jeff Macek – Justin shared with the Board that Mr. Macek has low water volume in his house. It is looking like Mr. Macek will need
to have a new service line installed. Estimated cost is $850.00. Justin will share this with Mr. Macek to see if this is something he
wants to have the Town do.
6. Jury Duty – Justin shared with the Board that he will be on jury Duty November 9 – 13 and December 7 -11.
7. Fitzwilliam Rd Water Line – Justin shared that he had contacted Streamline to do the road bore and they have sold their drilling rig.
Justin has placed a call with DBU waiting on a call back. Justin will try and see if there is any other companies out there and get
a second quote
8. Payroll – reviewed and signed
9. Payables – reviewed and signed
10. General Ledger – reviewed and signed
11. 3rd Qtr Warrant – reviewed and signed
12. Adjournment – Carl made a motion for adjournment at 6:15, Bucky seconded, all in favor.
Office Manager, Water/Sewer Department