11/4/2020 TROY WATER AND SEWER COMMISSIONERS MEETING

TROY WATER AND SEWER COMMISSIONERS MEETING
November 4, 2020

PRESENT: Bucky Sheats, Bert Lang, Kris Lepisto, Justin Frazier, Carl Patten (5:15) and Mark Huntoon (5:19)

Meeting called to Order –Bert called the meeting to order at 5:06

REVIEW OF THE MINUTES FROM October 14, 2020 – Bucky made a motion to accept the minutes as read, Kris seconded,
all in favor to accept minutes as read.

OLD BUSINESS:
1. Manholes North Main St – On hold until next year
2. Meter on Monadnock St – Justin will reach out to Ed and see if they can coordinate something to get this done this year.
3. PDIP – Rhonda spoke with Ben will be available for our meeting in December if we meet on the 2nd Wednesday.
4. Road Bore Quotes – Justin shared the quote from DBU for $3,800 and then the one from HDD for $4,000. Bert suggested waiting
until next year to do this project. Board asked Justin if he thought this was something he thought could wait until the spring. Justin
shared he thought it could. Will take care of next year.

NEW BUSINESS:
1. Health Insurance Buyout– Discussed what the Water/Sewer Dept. would be paying this year as it had been discussed and was in the
budget at $5,000. Board discussed and would like to see what other Towns are doing. Bring back to the Board for the Dec. meeting.
2. Clark Abatement – Rhonda shared with the Board the email from the Clark family regarding their boiler leak. The boiler has been
fixed temporarily and they will be having a new one installed in early December. Their 3rd quarter water/sewer bill was extremely
high and would like to see if the Board would consider and abatement on the sewer. Rhonda did an average usage for 2019. Carl
made a motion to abate the sewer in the amount of $288.29, Bucky seconded, all in favor.

Bucky made motion to move into Public Meeting 5:30, Mark seconded, all in favor.

3. Tenant/Landlord – Rhonda shared with the Board that she has had a request from a tenant for copy of bill, but the landlord was not
happy when she had sent a bill to a tenant in the past so she sent for some legal advice. The Board would like Rhonda to send a letter
to the landlord letting them know that this is something by law we can do and must do. Would like Rhonda to send the legal advice
response to the landlord.
4. Budget Committee Requests – Rhonda shared with the Board the requests made by the Budget Committee: A. Increase Bond Fee-
Discussed this request and at this time the Board feels that due to budget situation currently we cannot do this, as we have had to do
an increase in our water rates. This is something we are willing to look into next year. B. Charge Town Facilities Water/Sewer –
Board discussed and felt that this is putting the burden on the tax payers as well. It would increase each budget.
5. Tap Fee Increase – Justin shared with the Board we should be thinking about increasing this fee and possible doing a step fee based
on size. Much discussion followed. Carl then made a motion to set the tap fee at $1,000 plus material, labor and incidentals for both
water and sewer, Mark seconded, all in favor. We will set up a Public Hearing next month to accept these changes.
6. Payroll – reviewed and signed
7. Payables – reviewed and signed
8. General Ledger – reviewed and signed
9. Adjournment – Carl made a motion for adjournment at 6:43, Bucky seconded, all in favor.

Respectfully submitted

Rhonda Sheats
Office Manager, Water/Sewer Department