Board of Trustees Meeting
March 9th, 2018
Members Present: Allan Bailey, Jacque Sendrowski, Charleen Hoefsmit, and Library Director Catherine Callegari
Meeting called to order 4:05 PM.
Allan moved to accept all minutes from the February trustee meeting. Charleen seconded,
Catherine presented the Treasurers Repot
Checking: $9,741 Memorial Fund: $353
Fines: $38 Petty Cash: $250
Grand Total: $10,382
Catherine presented Librarian’s Statistics:
Door Count: 741 Meeting Room Usages: 13
Circulation: 1,249 Computer Usage: 42
New Patrons: 7
Catherine updated the Board on current affairs at the GKL.
• Reading Nook backpacks, provided by the United Way, have been put out on display. They support reading literacy for ages 2-5.
• Stewart Harris has offered to build and deliver a picnic table to the GKL for the cost of materials only.
• In accordance with the Rural Gateway Grant, the GKL will be hosting a STEM based book group, Pushing the Limits. It will occur on 5/15/2018 at 6pm in collaboration with the Harris Center for Conservation Education.
• Another new book group will be starting in May, Books on Tap. It will be held at Granite Roots.
• GKL will once again be raffling off two new bikes for the Summer Reading Program
• Catherine weeded fiction and removed any patrons from the system that have not utilized the GKL since 2013.
• The downstairs window casings were finally repaired.
Catherine will be attending the 2018 PLA Conference 3/20-3/24.
The Trustee and Select Board Letter of Understanding has been signed by all parties.
Catherine is looking into the possibility and cost of having the book drop sandblasted and repainted. In addition she is looking into having the many broken and missing pieces of building siding repaired. Allan suggested having the ac unit permanently installed in the old book drop spot.
Reviewing and rewriting the GKL Trustee job summary and Trustee Policy Manual will be tabled until the new Board is in place.
Chairman Bailey moved to coordinate with the town to adopt a new unilateral personal policy. Jacque seconded. After discussion the vote was 1-2. The motion did not carry.
Catherine suggested a Board member attend the DOJ 2018 Labor Law training session in April. Jacque volunteered to attend.
Catherine updated the GKL key policy and presented the Board with the current bulletin policy.
Catherine is looking to have the children’s area repainted.
The one public access and the catalog computer are not working 100% of the time and Catherine is looking into inexpensive replacement options.
This will be Chairman Bailey’s last meeting. Two individuals are running for GKL Trustee, voting takes place on March 13th; 10am- 7pm. Town meeting will take place on March 15th at 7pm at Troy Elementary.
There is no Selectman update.
There are no public comments.
The next Board of Trustee meeting will be April 4, 2018 at 4:00 PM
Chairman Bailey moved to adjourn the meeting at 5:31 PM.