May 2013 Trustee Minutes
Gay – Kimball Library
Board of Trustees Meeting
May 1, 2013
Members present: Yvonne Peters, Allan Bailey, Charleen Hoefsmit
Also: Catherine Callegari – Librarian and Tom Matson – Selectman
Treasurer’s Report: Checking – $8,152, Fines – $665.00, Memorial Fund – $200.00, Petty Cash – $468.00.
Grand Total: $9,485.00
Librarian’s Report: Door Count: 1,255, Circulation: 2,057, Computer Usage: 91, New Patrons: 5
· Turns out that the Electrical work requested by the Select Board was paid for by the Library at a cost of $500.00.
· The decision to compare rates for seasonal labor costs was tabled until after the Book Sale.
· “Lunch at the Library” was a success, with a slightly higher attendance than last time. All food was donated and greatly enjoyed.
· Eighty bags of popcorn from White Mountain Kettle Corn in Henniker, NH were procured by Catherine to be used as incentives for the Summer Reading Program.
· It was confirmed that Yvonne Peters will be the School’s liaison for the Critters & Creatures program on July 20th to be held at the school. She will also consider hosting scrap-booking get togethers this summer.
· The Trustee voted to allow Catherine will gather quotes for the 2012 Warrant Article for window replacement and painting. She will choose the best estimate and assign a work date.
· Selectman Tom Matson discussed the merits of the Cheshire County Trustee Program: free labor/we pay for supplies only. The librarian will monitor the success of the program as it is used to make Town Hall repairs and revisit the topic.
· Current checkouts for the telescope made evident the need for a carrying basket and a check-in/check-out list for the accessories.
· A publicity offer from WEEY Sports Radio was voted out due to cheaper and more effective options.
· The October Book Sale will be moved to October 4th and 5th, due to scheduling conflicts.
Meeting was adjourned at 7:05 pm. Next meeting will be held on June 5th, 2013 @ 6:00 pm.