August 2013 Trustee Minutes
Gay – Kimball Library
Board of Trustees Meeting
August 6, 2013
Members Present: Allan Bailey, Charleen Hoefsmit
Also: Catherine Callegari – Librarian
Treasurer’s Report: Checking – $5,104, Fines – $272, Memorial Find – $500, Petty Cash – $329
Grand Total: $6,205
Librarian’s Report: Door Count: 1,376, Circulation: 2,327, Computer Usage: 115, New Patrons: 19
- Critters and Creatures was a successful event with about 65 people enjoying the animals on display.
- The budget remains on track. Causes and possible solutions to increasing phone costs were discussed.
- The replacement windows for the 2012 Warrant Article have been installed. Remaining tasks regarding the window replacement project include exterior vinyl wrapping and interior “touch–up” painting.
- Painter Dennis Wright has been hired to do the exterior painting. A start date will be set mid-August.
- Final Review of General Policies involved fine-tuning the wording of existing phrasing, and the elimination of other phrases for stream-lining purposes.
- The New England Library Leadership Symposium took place 7/30 – 8/1 in North Andover. Catherine’s attendance was by invitation (congratulations) and all costs were covered by scholarship.
- The July 8th Budget Freeze instituted by the Selectmen for hiring and non-essential spending does not affect the Library, but will be taken into consideration .
- Review of the Library’s Personnel Policy will be discussed on a line-by-line basis at the next Trustees Meeting.
Meeting was adjourned at 7:15 PM. Next meeting will be held on September 4th @ 6:00 PM.