August 2014 Trustee Minutes
Board of Trustees Meeting
August 5, 2014
Members Present: Yvonne Peters, Allan Bailey, Charleen Hoefsmit
Also: Catherine Callegari – Librarian
Treasurer’s Report: Checking – $4,316, Fines – $231, Memorial Fund – $399, Petty Cash – $376
Grand Total: $5,322
Librarian’s Report: Door Count: 1,674, Circulation: 2,373, Computer Usage: 102, New Patrons: 9
- The budget holds steady at 36.5% of Town Funds available.
- Attendance for the Summer Reading Program surpassed last year’s numbers (166 vs. 152).
- Excellent turnout for the Creatures + Critters event (over 80 patrons enjoyed the presentation). Catherine will keep an eye out for new programs to keep the SRP fresh and exciting.
- Director evaluation is complete. It was decided that future evaluations will be started in January and completed in March.
- The “Roots in the Pipes” situation from November 2013 is scheduled for repair as soon as the work crew’s current job is complete.
- Wiring cut by summer mowing shows no sign of further complications.
- Catherine will consult with Fairpoint to discuss possible savings from combining services (phone & internet).
- The internet was down for two days. A hub problem was rectified and a new router was installed. The library’s network is now mapped, secured, and ready for the upcoming school season.
- Preparations continue for the Ice Cream Social scheduled for August 6th. Tables and chairs are assembled and await the anticipated guests.
Meeting was adjourned at 6:40 pm. The next meeting will be held on Wednesday, September 3rd @ 6:00 pm.