Board of Trustees Meeting April 3, 2019
Members Present: Jacque Sendrowski, Rebecca Hackler, Peg Rouleau and Library Director Catherine Callegari
Jacque called the meeting to order at 4:33 pm
Jacque motioned to accept the March 6, 2019 meeting minutes as written, seconded by Peg
Vote: all in favor
Treasurers Report– Total Library accounts $8754
Checking: $7942 Memorial Fund: $653
Fines: $49 Petty Cash: $110
Door count: 806 Meeting Room Usage: 4 New Patrons: 4
Circulation 1,381 Computer usage: 59
Highlights- Activities/ Events
- Catherine procured a grant from the American Society of Radiologic Technologist’s National Library Partnership.
- Funds will be distributed on 8/2/2019 to be used to purchase books and/or STEM toys from grant list.
- Catherine also secured a Children’s Literacy Foundation – $500 CLiF programing grant which will be used to provide a library presentation or Storytime, with each child attending receiving 2 free books. Catherine is looking to do this in August in conjunction with Troy Summer Recreation at the Samuel Paul Community Center.
- Building Maintenance- Outside lamp has been repaired, mostly.
- Elevator Inspection and Sprinkler Inspection- elevator passed, 3 smoke detectors were replaced. Two more detectors will be replaced at a future date.
- Payroll- Darlene received both a paper check and Direct Deposit for the same pay period. Situation addressed and corrected.
- Budget-Payroll amount may be incorrect. Additionally, monies for shoveling were deducted from the wrong line item; this issue will be an easy fix.
- The GKL website & email is transitioning from original host to new host. Cost was $100.
- Lunch at the Library and Family Fun Day is scheduled for April 6th. Catherine was able to put together 3 Nature backpacks with anonymous donations. 1000 Books Before Kindergarten is all set to launch that day; Catherine has put information packets together for parents. Prizes will be given out at 300/500/1000 books read. All library staff will be working; each trustee has a job assignment as well. Town sign letters will need to be taken down after the event and returned to the town hall Monday. Soup, bread, supplies have been generously donated by several local businesses. Free books will be available to all who attend.
- The Monadnock United Way Early Literacy Back Packs programming has been discontinued. The GKL had 3 backpacks in circulation already, 3 more were received and the GKL now owns the backpacks. Catherine plans to keep all 6 in circulation and update the backpack contents occasionally.
- Spring book sale is scheduled for the evening of May 24 and Saturday May 25th.
- The signature cards at TD Bank need to be updated with current GKL Trustees. The Trustees will co-ordinate this amongst themselves.
- Jacque has registered to attend the NHLTA Conference on May 29th.
- Catherine will be away April 7-13.
- The Troy Historical Society in conjunction with the NH Humanities will be hosting an event focusing on Sherlock Holmes on April 25th. Jacque suggested the library tie into the event with a display of Sherlock Holmes books and DVD’s.
- Dan Bisaccio has recently retired from teaching at Brown University. Catherine has lined up with him to present 3 Nature Program with the GKL. There will be an Owl Walk at The Inn at East Hill Farm on the evening of June 15th, a guided pond walk, and a guided bird walk.
- The Owl Walk will tie into the kick off to summer reading event, a live owl presentation by Wingmasters, at the TES.
- There has been great interest by library patrons in a repeat of the Titanic Talks this summer.
Meeting Adjourned 5:31 pm
Future meeting: Weds, May 1st at 4:30