Under the supervision of the Library Director:
• Keeps interior of building clean and in orderly condition, including but not
limited to, the following: dusts furniture, washes woodwork, interior glass, display cases, countertops, walls and windows. Cleans washrooms, water fountains, and staff area. Sweeps, mops, vacuums as needed.
• Empties trash and garbage containers.
• Keeps staff and customers’ restrooms provided with paper towels, soap, etc.
• Keeps track of supplies. Alerts director when supplies are low.
• Performs other duties as needed.
• Knowledge of building cleaning practices, supplies and equipment, and the ability to use them economically and efficiently.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions.
• Thoroughness, dependability, good physical condition.
• Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds.
• High school degree or GED with experience in building cleaning practices.
3 hours per week.