December 2013 Trustee Minutes
Board of Trustees Meeting
December 4, 2013
Members Present: Yvonne Peters, Allan Bailey, Charleen Hoefsmit
Also: Catherine Callegari – Librarian
Treasurer’s Report: Checking – $2,896, Fines – $430, Memorial Fund – $381, Petty Cash – $210
Grand Total: $3,873
Librarian’s Report: Door Count: 1,030, Circulation: 1,927, Computer Usage: 76, New Patrons: 7
- The end of the year finds the budget “spot on”, with 9% of Town Funds available.
- Installation of the Panic Button (the remaining item on the 2012 Warrant Article) begins on Monday 12/9. All panels are scheduled for upgrades as part of this process.
- Repairs to the sewer line will take place in the spring. The Water/Sewer Dept. is in charge of installation of the new pipes.
- The Librarian and the Trustees met with the Selectmen on Monday, November 25th. Briefly discussed were the 2014 Library Budget (which predicts only a .3% increase over 2013) and the decision to use funds remaining from 2013 to cover expenses on mandatory maintenance of the Wet/Dry Sprinkler System which the Selectmen were fine with.
- The Trustees voted to hire Kathy John to be a substitute Library Aide. Kathy comes to us with good references, previous library experience and knowledge of the automated systems currently in use at the library.
- Catherine would like to attend two upcoming events in 2014: The Public Library Association’s Annual Meeting in March and the Book Expo in May. She is working on grants and donations to help cover these expenses. Details will be discussed further at January’s meeting.
- Also for 2014, writer Richard Rubin (Doughboys) will speak at the Library on March 8th. Expenses for this guest appearance (including travel + lodging) will be shared with the Marlboro Library. The Troy Historical Society has also donated to the effort
- Mini-grant from Success by six (a section of the Keene Rotary Club) was award to buy the Library one, new picture book to the every month from now until next November. These books will target the pre-school to kindergarten ages.
- Since the 1st Wednesday of January 2014 is New Year’s Day, the next Trustee’s meeting will be held on January 8th.
- Catherine will read How the Grinch Stole Christmas to the crowd on the Common at 6:00 on Saturday, December 7th as part of the Bridge of Joy Christmas celebration. (Will Santa notice and bring her Video Racks for Christmas?)
Meeting was adjourned at 6:35 PM. The next meeting will be held on Wednesday, January 8th at 6:00 PM.