December 2014 Trustee Minutes
Board of Trustees Meeting
December 3, 2014
Members Present: Yvonne Peters, Allan Bailey, Charleen Hoefsmit
Also: Catherine Callegari – Librarian
Treasurer’s Report: Checking – $2,706, Fines – $247, Memorial Fund – $104, Petty Cash – $338
Grand Total: $3,395 (2013 $3,873) (2012 $3,472) (2011 $3,978) (2010 $3,949)
Librarian’s Report: Door Count: 845, Circulation: 1,617, Computer Usage: 76, New Patrons: 7
- The current budget update shows 9% of town funds available.
- The switch to Fairpoint is in the final stages and should be in place for 2015. The savings will be back dated to the signing of the contract in October.
- The select board is giving town employees a 2% cost of living increase 2015 and the Library Trustees have followed suit.
- Allan’s meeting with Paula Mathews on hiring employees provided productive tips and information that is on file.
- Catherine is working with Gap Mountain Lions Club to acquire funds to purchase additional large print books.
- The leaking expansion tank will be replaced by Pinney Plumbing.
- Upcoming library hour changes include full day closings on 12/24 and 12/25, and an early closing at 5:00 pm on 12/31.
- Catherine will read a Christmas Story to those who participate in the Bridge of Joy event on the common.
Meeting was adjourned at 6:35 pm. The next meeting will be held on Wednesday, January 7, 2015 at 6:00 pm.