The Gay-Kimball Library seeks an energetic individual who enjoys the public to join our staff as a part-time Library Aide.
The candidate will perform circulation duties including checking out materials, registering patrons for new library cards, and shelving materials; assist patrons with locating materials, basic computer and reference questions.
Regular hours are two Saturdays a month from 10am – 2pm. Ideally, the candidate will be available on call to substitute during staff vacations or illness.
Qualifications: Attention to detail, self-motivated and strong customer service. Computer experience required; library experience and some college preferred.
View the full job description below.
Hourly wage is $10.00. Send cover letter and resume to: Gay-Kimball Library, PO Box 837, Troy, NH 03465 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring by in person. Open until filled. EOE
Gay-Kimball Library — Library Aide — Job Description
Under the supervision of the Library Director:
• Perform circulation services including checking materials in & out, fine collection
• Shelve materials; maintain integrity of collection by shelf reading; resolve improperly shelved items
• Register and orient new borrowers
• Help patrons locate materials
• Assist patrons with equipment such as computers, printers, automated catalog, photocopier and fax machine
• Assist patrons with requests for information, such as assisting with Internet searches and locating materials
• Assist with opening and closing duties.
• Know and apply library policies
• Perform clerical duties as needed
• Other tasks as assigned
• Computer experience required, including Internet applications
• Library experience preferred
• Excellent customer service skills
• High school/GED required; some college coursework preferred
• Ability to lift up to 30lbs
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Detail-oriented, organized, motivated
2 Saturdays a month and as needed.