July 2013 Trustee Minutes
Gay – Kimball Library
Board of Trustees Meeting
July 2, 2013
Members Present: Yvonne Peters, Allan Bailey, Charleen Hoefsmit
Also: Catherine Callegari – Librarian and Tom Matson – Selectman
Treasurer’s Report: Checking – $6,034, Fines – $674, Memorial Fund – $400, Petty Cash – $274
Grand Total: $7,382
Librarian’s Report: Door Count: 1,112, Circulation: 1,823, Computer Usage: 96, New Patrons 22
- Critters n’ Creatures is on schedule for 7/20 @ 11:00am at Troy School. This year’s exhibit features burrowing animals and includes some “hands-on” specimens. Yvonne Peters will officiate.
- The Summer Reading Program is up and running. The Kick-off event, featuring Jody Scalise (mime/sight gag artist), was greeted with good attendance and an enthusiastic audience.
- The Budget is on track. A check for the last appropriation has been issued.
- The replacement windows for the 2012 Warrant Article have been ordered. Work dates will be assigned upon their arrival. Catherine is beginning the estimate process with candidates for the Library painting project. All applicants must be EPA certified.
- The process to review the Behavior and Safety rules resulted in a vote to accept the list as amended and shortened by Trustee Allan Bailey. Trustee Bailey will compose a letter expressing our confidence in the list to provide for the comfort and safety of all patrons to Ed Bryans. Review of the Mission Statement and General Policies will be discussed on a line-by-line basis at the next Trustees’ Meeting.
- Selectman Tom Matson provided information on the grant application to renovate Town Hall. The focus of the discussion concerned repairs to the second floor; an area he hopes can be used as a center for Town activities (drama groups, singing ensembles. Etc.) that will help build our community. The Selectmen would prefer non-profit organizations to be involved.
- The telescope continues to be a popular attraction.
- Catherine will attend the New England Library Leadership Symposium on 7/30 to 8/1. Details to follow at August’s Trustee Meeting.
Meeting was adjourned at 6:55pm. Next meeting will be held on August 6th, 2013 @ 6:00 pm.