July 2014 Trustee Minutes
Board of Trustees Meeting
July 1, 2014
Members Present: Yvonne Peters, Allan Bailey, Charleen Hoefsmit
Also: Catherine Callegari – Librarian
Treasurer’s Report: Checking – $6,193, Fines – $210, Memorial Fund – $299, Petty Cash – $239
Grand Total: $6,941
Librarian’s Report: Door Count: 1,241, Circulation: 1,887, Computer Usage: 90, New Patrons: 9
- The budget shows 46.25% of taxpayer funds available.
- With 100 patrons signing up in just the first week, the Summer Reading Program may surpass last year’s total attendance of 152.
- A revisit of the topic of Troy Town News using a portion of the downstairs area of the library to produce their publication, shows that September will probably mark the first month of the six month trial period; making February of 2015 the re-evaluation point.
- To lower costs, Town Hall has decided to switch internet/phone service to Argent. Catherine proposes we wait six months – see if they are pleased with the company’s performance – and evaluate if a similar move would be both cost effective and efficient for the library, as well.
- The computer sent back for “de-bugging” has been repaired and returned. A new air conditioner (anonymously donated) has been installed in the main area upstairs.
- Plans were discussed to ensure proper coverage of the front desk during Darline’s temporary absence (probably in August) for medical reasons.
- “Creatures and Critters” remains on schedule for 7/19. Catherine arranged for a $25 gift card from Hannaford’s to fund the Ice Cream Social (and may receive a matching amount from Price Chopper, as well).
- Leaving the Legos out on a daily basis (vs just on a specific day) has proved to be successful.
- August’s Trustee Meeting will be on the 5th, instead of the 6th, due to schedule conflicts.
- The meeting was adjourned and went to Executive Session to discuss personnel issues.
The meeting was re-instated and dismissed at 7:00 pm. The next meeting will be held on Tuesday, August 5th @ 6:00 pm.