Board of Trustees Meeting
July 22, 2015 – at 5:00 pm
Members Present: Yvonne Peters, Allan Bailey, Charleen Hoefsmit
Also: Catherine Callegari – Librarian
Treasurer’s Report: Checking – $4,285, Fines -$485, Memorial Fund – $803, Petty Cash – $407
Grand Total: $5,980
Librarian’s Report: Door Count: 1,079, Circulation: 1,668, Computer Usage: 84, New Patrons: 3
- The Library Budget is on track, with 42.22% of Town Funds available. Examination of phone records revealed a credit due of $218.41 (to cover duplicate billing by Fairpoint and AT&T from October 2014 to present.)
- Catherine attended the American Library Association Conference from June 23rd to the 28th. Of the $900 allocated for the event, only $435 was needed for expenses.
- The “Library Needs Your Help” fundraiser for the State books has totaled $1327 ($233 from Library Funds and a very generous $184 from the Lutheran Church “Breakfast Event”.)
- Catherine received a mini-grant from C&S Wholesale Grocers. Funds were used to buy books and prizes for the Summer Reading Program.
- Details were finalized for the Library’s participation in the Bicentennial Parade on Saturday, July 25th. Catherine designed “Ask a Librarian” magnets to be given out at the event.
- The Trustees voted “yes” to Catherine assisting the SML as interim director.
- The Trustees voted “yes” to Pilar Goodell being hired as the new custodian.
- Areas of the building requiring maintenance (rugs, walls, ceiling panels, etc) were discussed. Future conversations will determine if the items require work orders or warrent articles.
- Sadly, the Trustees accepted a “Letter of Resignation” from Director Catherine Callegari. Her last day of service to the Town of Troy will be December 31, 2015.
- Allan Bailey was elected by the Trustees to head the Hiring Committee and begin the hiring process.
Meeting was adjourned at 5:50pm. The next meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 1st at 4:00 pm.