Board of Trustees Meeting July 10,2019
Members Present: Jacque Sendrowski, Rebecca Hackler, Peg Rouleau and Library Director Catherine Callegari
Public: Kristan Tilton
Jacque called the meeting to order at 4:33 pm
Jacque motioned to accept the June 5, 2019 meeting minutes as written, seconded by Peg Vote: all in favor
Treasurers Report- Total Library accounts $ 7,488 ($ 12,819 )
Checking: $ 6,477 Memorial Fund: $ 653 ($ Austin 5,331 )
Fines: $ 76 Petty Cash: $282
Door count: 1005 Meeting Room Usage: 14 New Patrons: 17
Circulation 1460 Computer usage: 57 Program attendance: 341 (Adults: 93 Children: 248)
Summer Reading 110 participants
Highlights- Activities/ Events
• 19 New books were donated by Chester from the Library wish list
• Tie Dye – Saturday 7/13/19
• Yo-yo show Weds 7/17/19 at 6pm Live show featuring Hunter the Yo-yo master.
• CLiF Summer Reader event 8/1/19 1:00 pm at the Troy Comm Ctr. Presenter/storyteller: Marv Klassen-Landis – all kids get 2 free books.
• The Library town budget is on track for expenses. Chrissi is checking into the Library phone payment, check was cashed, but not credited to account.
• The Town of Troy operating budgets and bookkeeping has gone back to BSMI from Quick books.
• Building Main –LED lights in the circulation area have been completed.
• Landscaping – Ed’s Town of Troy maintenance crew removed all the unwanted shrubs. Looks great.
• Summer Reading prizes- Peg solicited local gift card donations. Peg will write the thank you notes.
o Troy Auto 75, Thai Bamboo 20, Pizza Barn 10, Paws Pet Grooming 45, Caramel Guy 4 gourmet pkgs.
• Library Policy regarding Petty Cash- Jacque motioned to accept the policy as written, seconded by Peg. Vote: all in favor
• Pilcrow Grant- total of 101 books received. Utilized matching funds from Marion Austin trust.
• Marion Austin Trust fund: status update on anticipated allocation of trust.
• Veronica Tomasko- new Library staff member. The training is progressing as planned.
• ALA conference in DC- Catherine attended in June 2019 – large event with many attendees.
• THS event on the Troy Common 7/20/19 9-3pm, Catherine will assign shifts for coverage for the Library table.
o Catherine has some books and games for give away. Scrapbooking items for sale.
• Jacque Sendrowski resigned effective 7/31/19. Becky motioned to appoint Kristan Tilton to replace Jacque.
o Seconded by Peg. Vote: all in favor. Catherine will consult with the Select board on their approval for Kristan’s appointment. Jacque will schedule training with Kristan on assuming the Treasurer’s role.
• Ice Cream Social- 8/7/19 6pm, Summer reading prize winners at 7pm, Trustees will attend following our meeting.
Next meeting Wednesday August 7th 4:30 pm
Rebecca Hackler -Trustee