March 2014 Trustee Minutes, Gay-Kimball Library, Board of Trustees Meeting, March 5, 2014
Members Present: Yvonne Peters, Allan Bailey, Charleen Hoefsmit
Also: Catherine Callegari – Librarian
Treasurer’s Report: Checking – $7,402, Fines – $587, Memorial Fund – $148, Petty Cash – $448
Grand Total: $8,585
Librarian’s Report: Door Count: 950, Circulation: 1,976, Computer Usage: 74, New Patrons: 14
- The town budget meeting is set for Wednesday, March 12th. Details will be shared with Catherine upon her return from the Public Library Association’s seminar.
- Catherine has been selected to be the representative for NHDB (New Hampshire Downloadable Books) at the Public Library Association Conference.
- Author Richard Rubin’s visit to the library is on schedule for March 8th.
- A Letter of Understanding with the Selectmen regarding distribution of 2014 funds will be given to our Select Board representative after Town Meeting.
- Of the $350.00 necessary to match funds for the Libri Foundation Grant, $175.00 has been collected from local businesses so far. The grant will provide 67 new books for the Library, hopefully by June.
- Catherine has been invited to speak at the NH Library Association’s Conference on April 24th. She will be on the panel “Increasing Attendance at Children’s Programming.” and be a Koha Roundtable facilitator with Mary Cronin.
- The microscope will be available for check-out on March 25th. Display plans include patrons being invited to view prepared slides, as well as make some sample slides of their own.
- The Historical Society is working on a new presentation for the display case (to be ready around mid-March).
The meeting was adjourned @ 6:22 p.m. The next meeting will be held on Wednesday, April 9th @ 6:00 p.m.