March 2015 Trustee Minutes
Board of Trustees Meeting
March 12, 2015 – at 4:00 pm
Members Present: Yvonne Peters, Allan Bailey, Charleen Hoefsmit
Also: Catherine Callegari – Librarian
Treasurer’s Report: Checking – $8,160, Fines -$383, Memorial Fund – $404, Petty Cash – $517
Grand Total: $9,464
Librarian’s Report: Door Count: 895, Circulation: 1,552, Computer Usage: 93, New Patrons: 7
- The Library Budget is on schedule. Information on the Town Budget may be available in time for April’s meeting.
- The first invoice from Fairpoint has been received. Internet charges listed in error will be fixed. Catherine confirmed the switch to Fairpoint will indeed represent ongoing savings.
- The 2015 Letter of Understanding has been signed by the Trustees and will go to Tom Matson for Selectman signatures.
- The “Library Needs Your Help” fundraiser has raised $700.00 (to date) towards the purchase of books on the 50 states. Troy Elementary School’s State Expo will benefit greatly from these efforts.
- The ceiling leak in the meeting room was repaired using spare tiles in storage. Snow was removed from the roof at a cost of $650.00.
- Trustees voted “yes” to using the $600.00 in the Expendable Trust (available for building and repair use) towards payment of the $650.00 snow removal fee.
- “Lunch at the Library” is scheduled for Saturday, April 4th from 12:00 to 2:00 pm.
- The Summer Reading Program will host “North American Birds of Prey” ( featuring live owls, hawks, etc) on Saturday, July 18th at Troy Elementary School staring at 11:00 am.
- The Trustees voted “yes” to offering the Marlborough Frost Free Library $150.00 towards a joint program with Troy – “Zoo Wildlife Encounter”.
- Catherine is considering ideas for the Town Bicentennial. Some ideas discussed included a display in the glass case, an historical presentation for the adults, and, perhaps, a decorated book cart for the parade for the children of all ages to enjoy.
- Allan will be scanning an historical document written by a traveler to Troy in 1883. The document may be used in the Bicentennial display .
Meeting was adjourned at 4:45 pm. The next meeting will be held on Wednesday, April 1st at 6:00 pm (no fooling!)