Board of Trustees Meeting May 9, 2018
Members Present: Jacque Sendrowski, Charleen Hoefsmit, Rebecca Hackler and Library Director Catherine Callegari
Meeting called to order at 4:04 pm
Motion was made to accept the April 4th trustee meeting minutes as written – seconded and passed
Treasurer’s report – Total Library accounts $ 9451
Checking 8734 Memorial Fund 353
Fines 45 Petty Cash 319
Door count 797 Meeting Room usage 12 New Patrons 18
Circulation 1,400 Computer Usage 50
Highlights- Activities/ Events
• Tuesday, May 15 at 6pm Rural Gateway Grant will host a STEM based book group in partnership with the Harris Center. Naturalist Susie Spikol will facilitate discussion from the book Lab Girl by Hope Jahren
• Thursday, May 24 6pm Books on Tap – Read any mystery then discuss at Granite Roots Brewing
• Month of May- Troy Elementary school students will be visiting and provided a tour of the library. Catherine has some free books for the students- from purged books, donations or sale items.
• Friday & Saturday, May 25 & 26 Spring Book sale- Catherine has enough volunteers to sort books or work the sale. The trustees have signed up for shifts
• Saturday, June 9 at 11am Wildlife encounters – kick off of the summer reading program at Troy School. The trustees volunteered to set up chairs at 10am
Charleen will meet with Becky and Jacque to have the TD Bank signature cards updated- Weds, May 16 At 3 pm
The elevator has been repaired cost of 1100.00
The replacement LED lights for the children’s area has been quoted. The contractor also provided a quote of 1500.00 for the upstairs book area. Jacque motioned that we replace the upstairs lights at the same time, motion seconded and passed- All 3 in favor
Stewart Harris has completed and delivered the picnic table for the Monadnock Street side of the Library.
The book drop makeover is completed- total cost to repair, paint and stencil – $263.00
Trustee Job summary- Group discussion and revision of the job summary. Catherine will update
Trustee by-laws- Group discussion and revision of the bylaws. Catherine will update
Library Policy- Group discussion of a plan for revising library policy on a rotating basis.
At the meeting on June 6th we will review and vote on the revisions
Budget update – We are on target with our budget with 27% used in the first quarter. Line item “other” for Jason Lawrence shoveling – 1050.00 charged to the Library in error. Catherin e as asked the Selectmen’s office to look into this. We think we were accidently charged for the shoveling of all town buildings not just the library.
Recommendation was made to zero out fines for students grade pre-k thru 12 to help increase library use for children in the Summer. Motion was made to adopt this, seconded and passed. All 3 in favor
Jim Dicey retirement coming up this fall- motion was made to purchase a specific gift, seconded and passed. All 3 in favor
Book Expo in NY- largest Library 3 day conference May 29th Authors and Publishers are present – Catherine is able to obtain free books – only expense is the cost of shipping the books.
Discussion on employee paychecks, paydays and salaries. Potential labor law complaint. The trustees will meet with the Select board Monday to discuss the payroll issues. Discussion on requesting our own town audit on paycheck data detail and the budget entry line items.
Ben Drugg purchased and donated a magnetic white marker board to be used in the conference room and children’s area.
Jacque motioned that all non public sealed minutes be reviewed and marked at the end of each year for releasing or not. Motioned seconded and passed. All 3 in favor
Meeting Adjourned 6:04 pm
Next meeting: Wednesday- June 6, 2018 @ 4pm