November 2014 Trustee Minutes
Board of Trustees Meeting
November 3, 2014
Members Present: Yvonne Peters, Allan Bailey, Charleen Hoefsmit
Also: Catherine Callegari – Librarian
Treasurer’s Report: Checking – $2,341, Fines – $435, Memorial Fund – $145, Petty Cash – $386
Grand Total: $3,307
Librarian’s Report: Door Count: 1,434, Circulation: 1,945, Computer Usage: 81, New Patrons: 6
- Catherine has prepared the budget for 2015. The Board of Trustees will present the budget to the Budget Committee a week and a half after it is presented to the Select Board. The Select Board meeting date will be announced.
- Congratulations to Catherine on reaching her ninth year anniversary as librarian for the Gay Kimball Library.
- The October Book Sale brought in $717.00. Patrons were positively pleased with their purchases.
- Repairs to the sewer line (roots in the pipes) may take place prior to the end of the year.
- Town Hall may re-negotiate their Fairpoint contract, but this will not affect the library which has a separate contract.
- Catherine will have a Dues Amnesty Event from December 6th to December 13. She will notify patrons in advance via Troy Town News and flyers
- Allen will report back on his discussion (on November 10) with Paula Mathews regarding her seminar about how to avoid hiring bad employees.
- Catherine may be offered a chance to the new librarian in Ashburnham Massachusetts with the weeding of their book collection.
- Catherine attended the After School Program’s community event for parents and children at the Monadnock High School where she handed out information and made personal connections.
- Upcoming closings include Veteran’s Day (November 11) and Thanksgiving (November 26 @ 5pm and November 27).
- Catherine is in the process of applying for a scholarship to attend the 2015 American Library Association’s conference in San Francisco.
Meeting was adjourned at 6:30 pm. The next meeting will be held on Wednesday, December 3rd at 6:00 pm.