October 2013 Trustee Minutes
Gay – Kimball Library
Board of Trustees Meeting
October 2, 2013
Members Present: Yvonne Peters, Allan Bailey, Charleen Hoefsmit
Also: Catherine Callegari – Librarian
Treasurer’s Report: Checking – $4,204, Fines – $340, Memorial Fund – $ 581, Petty Cash – $432 Grand Total: $5,557
Librarian’s Report: Door Count: 1,158; Circulation: 2,111; Computer Usage: 100; New Patrons: 11
- The 2012 Warrant Article for painting is complete. The job, which included some unscheduled painting at no additional cost, came in at $1,740 which was $60.00 under the estimate.
- The remaining item on the Warrant Article is the panic button. Two quotes have been received.
- Policy regarding overdue fines and the bulletin board was reviewed and updated. The Personnel Policy was reviewed on a line-by-line basis. Catherine will make the adjustments and post the updates to the website in addition to the printed copy.
- News from the Selectmen is that Kimball Hall may be closed over the winter. Due to this possibility, increased usage of the library by special interest groups was discussed.
- The October Book Sale is on schedule for 10/4+5. Allan and Charleen will cover sales on the 5th.
- Donations to the library include a Bausch + Lomb microscope (soon to be available for lending out!) and a vacuum cleaner (its efficiency is already a “time-saver”).
- The scanner has been purchased and is available to patrons.
- Catherine will be on vacation from 10/9 to 10/20. Allan Bailey will be the go-to trustee during her absence.
Meeting was adjourned @ 7:10 p.m. The next meeting will be November 6th @ 6:00 p.m.