October 2014 Trustee Minutes
Board of Trustees Meeting
October 1, 2014
Members Present: Yvonne Peters, Allan Bailey, Charleen Hoefsmit
Also: Catherine Callegari – Librarian
Treasurer’s Report: Checking – $2,993, Fines – $243, Memorial Fund – $595, Petty Cash – $484
Grand Total: $4,315
Librarian’s Report: Door Count: 1,424, Circulation: 1,897, Computer Usage: 102, New Patrons: 86
- The budget remains in good standing. Catherine will prepare a budget for the 10/23 Budget Committee meeting.
- Continuing efforts to reduce costs and maintain maximum service resulted in a re-do of the library’s network. Phone service will still be provided by Fairpoint. Internet service (still faster) will now be provided – at no cost – by Argent Communications. Total savings: about $1000 per year.
- The broken DVD player has been replaced by a generous donation from the Red Shed.
- Coverage for the Book Sale on October 3rd and 4th was confirmed.
- Seventy three new library cards were issued to students and teachers during the k-6 class visits from Troy school. Students enjoyed stories read to them by Catherine, and teachers expressed an interest in a repeat event.
- The grand opening of the new Rec Center at Sand Dam proved an excellent opportunity for Catherine’s community outreach efforts. Free books were available to all.
- Selectmen minutes are now available on the library website to assist in accessibility.
- As a public service, Catherine is attempting to get a list of those buried in the new cemetery.
- The Hour Glass Readers will be presenting a Sherlock Holmes tale on October 9th at 7:00 pm – Allan will close up.
- Catherine will attend the New Hampshire State Library’s free workshop on creating a database from a spreadsheet 10/31. She hope to use the information to make Troy’s birth and death records more accessible.
Meeting was adjourned at 6:23 pm. The next meeting will be held on Monday, November 3rd (due to re-scheduling).