SELECT BOARD MEETING MINUTES 8/10/2015

SELECT BOARD MEETING MINUTES

TOWN OF TROY

Monday, August 10, 2015 5:00 p.m.

Page 1 of 3

Selectmen Present: Howard M. Sheats, Jr., Gideon Nadeau Sr., and William T. Matson

Chairman Sheats called the meeting to order at 5:08 p.m.

Selectmen Matson MOVED to have Alissa Fox look up with Cheshire Registry of Deeds to see if there is an easement on map 20 lot 6 SECOND Chairman Sheats VOTE unanimous

Selectmen Nadeau MOVED to accept Selectmen Meeting minutes from August 3, 2015 SECOND Selectmen Matson VOTE unanimous

Chairman Sheats stated that he would like Louie Piskolti at the August 17, 2015 meeting at 6:00 pm

5:12 pm – Jon Collins, Pavilion Electric – Chairman Sheats told Mr. Collins that Record Electric was the lowest bidder on the Pavilion Electric at $600. Chairman Sheats stated that the Select Board would like to take the money out of the revolving fund to pay for the electric work. Mr. Collins informed the Select Board that the main concern right now is getting some protectant on the deck of the Community Center before winter. Jim Dicey said that if we buy the water based repellent this Friday at Sherwin Williams it will save some money. Mr. Dicey stated that it would cost $450 if purchased Friday. Selectmen Matson MOVED to have Mr. Dicey purchase the water based repellent on Friday at Sherwin Williams SECOND Selectmen Nadeau VOTE unanimous   Mr. Collins would like to wait 2 weeks for the summer program to get over so he can update his budget on the revolving fund before we get the electric done on the pavilion. Selectmen Matson MOVED for budget update from Mr. Collins and treasurer SECOND Chairman Sheats VOTE unanimous AMENDMENT Chairman Sheats to Selectmen Matson’s MOVE when summer program gets over in 2 weeks Mr. Collins will give a budget update and then it will be decided where the money for the electrical work will come from SECOND Selectmen Nadeau VOTE unanimous

5:26 pm Jim Dicey, Kimball Hall water damage – Mr. Dicey stated that he met with the insurance adjuster on Monday, August 10, 2015 to take a look at the water damage from the pipe behind the fridge. The Insurance adjuster told Mr. Dicey that we should have Sterling Cleaners come and rip out some of the drywall and wainscoting because it is starting to mold and it will spread if we don’t get it out. Selectmen Matson MOVED to get a quote on the scope of work suggested by Mr. Dicey per the insurance adjuster SECOND Selectmen Nadeau VOTE unanimous.

Chairman Sheats asked Mr. Dicey about the Howard Fairfield invoices that were paid this week. Mr. Dicey explained that the air conditioner was not working in the tractor and that he has had Howard Fairfield’s come out 2 times and try to fix it and it is still not working correct.

Chairman Sheats asked Mr. Dicey about John Syrajamaki working on fixing the sidewalk on Granite St. Mr. Dicey said that Mr. Syrajamaki was there Friday and also this morning working on it. Chairman Sheats stated that he went down and took a look at it before he came to the Selectmen’s Meeting tonight and it didn’t look like it had been worked on.

5:35 pm – Chief Ellis, Mackey Rd Gate – Chief Ellis stated that half of the chain that is on the gate was stolen this past weekend. Traci and Louie Piskolti’s put signs up on the gate. Chairman Sheats asked Chief Ellis if he had any reports on guns being shot up there. Chief Ellis said there has been nothing reported. Chairman Sheats then asked Chief Ellis if he heard anything about a fight that happened up at the gate. Chief Ellis stated that he had heard about it but nothing was ever reported. Selectmen Matson stated that they have a license for the gate but it does not give the Pisklolti’s the right to harass or be gate keeper. Chief Ellis stated that the Piskolti’s have 2 camera’s up there now that look at the gate. Chief Ellis informed the Piskolti’s that he is going to put 2 of his cameras up and the Piskolti’s were fine with that. Chairman Sheats asked Chief Ellis to bring the camera in to next week’s Selectmen’s meeting, August 17, 2015. Selectmen Nadeau asked Chief Ellis about the speed limit sign. Chief Ellis stated that someone unplugged it while it was charging and he didn’t know, but it is now plugged in and will be out tomorrow. Selectmen Matson asked about any burglary’s in town. Chief Ellis stated no. Chief Ellis stated that there was a man breaking into cars but he has now been arrested. Chairman Sheats asked Chief Ellis if the Select Board had ever told him not to use J&J Auto Body. Chief Ellis said no. Chief Ellis states that they still use J&J Auto Body for tows.

6:07 pm – Budget Committee, Emergency Funding for Town Hall Roof – Budget Committee member present: Bert Lang, Rebecca Hackler, Allan Bailey, Robert Stearns, Lisa Stearns and Sydney Walsh. Selectmen Nadeau told the Budget Committee that we needed Emergency Funding to fix the leaking roof on the Town Hall. Selectmen Nadeau stated that DA Brothers had the lowest bid coming in at $25,506.92. Mr. Lang asked to see the other 2 bids. Chairman Sheats read the other 2 quotes, Guyer & Sons Roofing was at $28,750 and AL Johnson & Sons Roofing was at $27,163. Mr. Lang asked what the scope of work was for the roof. Selectmen Nadeau stated strip it, grace ice and water shield, architect 30 year shingles, bridge cap, step flashing, synthetic lament. Selectmen Nadeau stated we are requesting an extra $10,000 over the bid in case any rot is found when they strip the roof. Mr. Lang asked about the little roof that lays in front of the steeple. Selectmen Matson and Selectmen Nadeau stated that yes that is also included in the bid.

Mr. Lang opened the Budget Committee meeting at 6:15 pm. The Budget Committee took a vote to see if the town should take $35,506.92 out of surplus to use as Emergency Funding to replace the Town Hall Roof. VOTE unanimous. The Budget Committee meeting was closed at 6:22 pm.

The Budget Committee members and the Select Board all signed the letter that needs to be sent to the Department of Revenue Administration to request the Emergency Funding.

Peter Paul Letter in regards to Community Center complaint from Valerie Britton – Selectmen Matson went to the Community Center with Jon Collins. Selectmen Matson stated that all of the wiring was done correctly. There is blown in insulation in the attic and also in the walls so to be able to go thru those areas to run wiring would have been difficult. The only problem that Selectmen Matson see’s is that there should have been a distribution box on floor level. Selectmen Matson and Mr. Collins said that on next year’s budget they will put in for the $400 for the distribution box. Selectmen Matson states that the Community Center needs to be accommodating to whoever uses the community center. When putting the distribution box in there may need to be more wiring and conduit on the ceiling. Selectman Matson drafted a letter to Mr. Paul and Mrs. Britton in regards to their letters regarding the Community Center. Chairman Sheats MOVED to accept Selectmen Matson’s drafted letter be emailed to Mr. Paul and Mrs. Britton on Town letterhead SECOND Selectmen Nadeau VOTE unanimous

ADA study – Rebeckah Bullock’s email to close out the ADA project requires a few more steps. The Select Board needs to complete the closeout documents and the pay request to pay Amoskeg and also have a town hearing for the town residents to have their say. The Select Board would like Rebeckah Bullock to come in on August 17, 2015 at 5:15 pm to discuss a little further.

Chairman Sheats would like Alissa Fox to call LGC and ask them if the Town has no health officer who does the responsibility fall on.

12 North Main St Complaint – Mrs. Fox explained what Jon Collins recommendation was for the complaint. Mr. Collins had told her that we need to first send the landlord a letter stating the complaints and give him time to correct. The Select Board agreed that the fridge not working and also the mold in the basement does not fall on our jurisdiction because we have no health officer. The Select Board would like a letter sent to complaintive suggesting they contact the State of NH Health and Human Services.

Richard Tatro Complaint – Troy Artic Cat is in violation of the Town Ordinance. They have a brand new banner that has been put up. Selectmen Nadeau will bring a sign permit down to Troy Artic Cat on Tuesday morning to have them fill out.

Roy Bros Petition – Selectmen Matson requested a summary be done up on what was found in the audit. Chairman Sheats said to look upstairs to see if we could find any of the missing welfare files.

Pelto’s Barn Property – Richard Pelto’s personal belongings are still on the property and they need to be moved. The Select Board would like a certified letter sent giving Mr. Pelto one week to revoke his personal belongings from the property.

Selectmen Matson MOVED to adjourn at 7:14 pm SECOND Chairman Sheats VOTE unanimous

TROY SELECT BOARD:

Alissa Fox, Administrative Assistant

Howard M. Sheats, Jr. Chairman

William T. Matson.

Gideon L. Nadeau, Sr.