Select Board Minutes: August 7, 2017

SELECT BOARD MEETING MINUTES

TOWN OF TROY
Monday, August 7, 2017 6:30 p.m.

Selectmen Present: Allan Bailey, Barbara Guelcher and Curtis Hopkins

————————————————————————

Chairman Bailey opened the meeting at 6:30 pm.

Chairman Bailey, Selectwoman Guelcher and Selectman Hopkins by conference call

Present: John O’Brien, John Sullivan

Chairman Bailey MOVED to accept the Selectmen’s meeting minutes from July 31, 2017 SECOND Selectwoman Guelcher VOTE unanimous

Chairman Bailey announced JLMC meeting tomorrow at 9:00 am at the Town Hall

Chairman Bailey announced School Board meeting in the library at MRHS Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 7:00 pm.

Chairman Bailey announced Ice Cream Social at the Gay-Kimball Library August 9, 2017 at 5:00 pm

Chairman Bailey announced Troy Festivals Committee meeting Thursday, August 10, 2017 @ 6:30 pm at the Town Hall.

Chairman Bailey announced the Fire Department breakfast on Saturday, August 12, 2017 at 7:00 am

Selectman Hopkins stated that August 13, 2017 the Troy Recreation Committee is having a Carnival Day at the SEP Community Center.

Chairman Bailey announced that the Library Director Stephanie Charlefour will be leaving the Library and taking a position for the Monadnock Regional School District. The Library Trustees have already begun the search to fill her position.

Richmond Rd Complaint – Chairman Bailey will draft up a letter.

West Hill Rd Complaint – Chairman Bailey states that there are definitely ordinances being broken. Selectman Hopkins agrees that ordinances are being broken. Chairman Bailey drafted a letter and read it to the Board. Letter is being sent giving 30 days to comply. Deadline September 7.

Geese Waste – Chairman Bailey stated that he don’t think the York rack will pick up the waste. Selectman Hopkins stated it will pick up the bigger stuff. Selectman Hopkins wants to wait on
the York rack purchase till next year to put more thought into this.

Additional Highway Block Grant – The money was already deposited into general fund because it was received with another payment from the State. Will hold public hearing to accept the money on August 28, 2017 at 6:45 pm.

John O’Brien asked if an extension for someone who has a complaint can be extended so they can use the Amnesty day. Selectwoman Guelcher if we do it we need to check budget as the time gets closer. Chairman Bailey explained if the Amnesty day is close to the deadline day then yes an extension could be granted.

John Sullivan – Is the complaints in the Sheriff’s hands now? Selectwoman Guelcher stated that no it is not. It is in the Select Boards hands till after 30 days then would have to go to court. Mr. Sullivan asked if we can hire a code enforcer. Selectwoman Guelcher stated no but we want to look into it for next year. Chairman Bailey stated that he would like to go to Town Meeting with a position for a full-time code enforcer and building inspector.

Town Ordinances – Chairman Bailey will come in a few hours each week and go over the ordinances and work on them. Selectman Hopkins asked Carol Oglive and she could also work on them.

Grants Administration / Grants Administration Committee – Chairman Bailey doesn’t want this a paid position. Chairman Bailey stated he would like to find 3 people that would form a committee and each person would be responsible for certain grants such as transportation, recreation and everything else. Selectman Hopkins states that it sounds like a good idea. Selectwoman Guelcher thinks it is a good idea but will be hard to find someone with knowledge. Chairman Bailey will write up an article for the Troy Town News in the Selectmen’s corner for September.

Troy Mills Parking Lot – In March the rent was up. Chairman Bailey asked Mrs. Fox to call Shane’s Trucking and see what his intentions are.

Letter from Steve Bragdon – Chairman Bailey give to the Trustees of the Trust Funds.

Rails Trails Letter – Chairman Bailey received a call from a reporter at the Keene Sentinel asking questions about Troy’s involvement with this. Chairman Bailey knew nothing about it. The next day this letter came in saying Troy was involved. Selectwoman Guelcher stated she didn’t want to back this. Chairman Bailey doesn’t want to back this either. Selectman Hopkins thinks it should be backed because of the same registration fees that the snowmobilers pay. Chairman Bailey thinks we should hold a Public Hearing on this to see what the Towns people want to do. At this point we don’t have to do anything.

Sypek building permit – Mr. Sypek is meeting with his contractor and will get back to us.

207 Richmond Rd – The shed does not meet set-backs. Chairman Bailey will draft a letter to send stating that the shed needs to be moved to meet the set-backs.

Troy Arctic Cat Delivery Signs – The signs need to be off of Route 12 and 15 feet off of Whitcomb Rd. Need to meet set-backs. Chairman Bailey approved with note with set-backs and if he calls send him to zoning.

Chairman Bailey MOVED to adjourn at 7:19 pm SECOND Selectwoman Guelcher VOTE unanimous