Select Board Minutes: May 15, 2017

SELECT BOARD MEETING MINUTES

TOWN OF TROY

Monday, May 15, 2017 6:30 p.m.

Selectmen Present: Allan Bailey, Barbara Guelcher and Curtis Hopkins

___________________________________________________________________________

Chairman Bailey postponed meeting to go on a site review.

Chairman Bailey opened the meeting at 6:58 pm.

Chairman Bailey MOVED to go into non-public meeting per RSA 91-A:3(II)(c) Property tax issues SECOND Selectmen Curtis VOTE unanimous

7:06 pm Out of non-public session

Chairman Bailey MOVED to seal minutes of the non-public meeting SECOND Selectwoman Guelcher VOTE unanimous

Chairman Bailey MOVED to accept and seal the non-public meeting minutes from May 8, 2017 SECOND Selectwoman Guelcher VOTE unanimous

Chairman Bailey MOVED to accept the Selectmen’s meeting minutes from May 8, 2017 SECOND Selectwoman Guelcher VOTE unanimous

Present: Pete Marrotte, Joel Thompson, Herb Drugg, Kyle Smith, Norm Whitney, Robert Stearns, Laurel Boivin, Sarah Hoodlet, Michael Stanek,

Eversource – Wanted to fill the Select Board in on the tree clearing along the easements in the Town of Troy. Selectwoman Guelcher asked if anyone from Troy has contacted them about the letters that they have received. Ms. Hoodlet stated that she didn’t think so but would look into it. Mrs. Boivin stated that there was 24 total properties on the easement for Troy.

Kyle Smith, Planning Board – Mr. Smith attended the planning board seminar and found some useful information for the Town. When we have projects around town such as watershed maintenance, dredging, water testing, damn work etc. there is lots of grants that can be used from the State and Federal level. Steven Landry from the DES is a good connection to make when projects are being discussed.

Mike Cummings – Mr. Cummings would like to discuss some of the issues brought up with Town Meeting. Mr. Cummings would like to know the status of the bequest money. Chairman Bailey stated that we are waiting on the DRA approval. Mr. Cummings would like to know if contact was made with the retiree that the bill was paid through Health Trust back in February. Mrs. Fox gave update. Mr. Cummings would like to know if a lawyer has been contacted to see if we should pursue taking the retiree to court to recover the funds paid to Health Trust. Chairman Bailey thinks that we should contact our lawyer. Chairman Bailey would like Selectwoman Guelcher to handle calling Attorney Little to see what he thinks should be done with this case. Mr. Cummings asked about the nuisance ordinance and if there is a copy of it to review. Selectwoman Guelcher stated that the ordinance is still being worked on. Mr. Cummings asked if it will be online once it is completed so it can be reviewed before the public hearing. Selectwoman Guelcher stated that it would not be put online.

Nuisance Ordinance –Selectwoman Guelcher sent a letter back to Attorney Little and is waiting on a response – TABLED

Tobacco Free policy – Chairman Bailey brought in the draft of the policy. Chairman Bailey would like to know if any of the Select Board members would like to make changes. Selectwoman Guelcher would like to take #3 of Section 2 (Staff will make periodic observations of recreational facilities to monitor for compliance) off the policy. Chairman Bailey agrees that it should be taken off. Selectmen Hopkins thinks we need to have something in the policy to enforce it. Chairman Bailey asked Selectmen Hopkins to write up something for next week’s meeting – TABLED

Letter from Janet McCullough, Treasurer – 98 Monadnock St update

Letter from Rhonda Sheats on 1 st JLMC meeting on June 13 th at 10:00 am at the SEP Community Center.

Review Tax Lien list

Selectwoman Guelcher stated that at last week’s meeting John Satas stopped her in the hall about putting oil on the bell. Mr. Dicey asked Jerry Callahan and Mr. Callahan stated that it does not need to be done yet.

Attorney Hockensmith returned called to Selectwoman Guelcher and gave her the protocol on Ridley Real Estate and that they are proceeding with the research. Chairman Bailey stated this needs to be talked about in non-public meeting.

Selectwoman Guelcher stated that when Matt Murray the Auditor from Vaughn & Clauky was here last week he would not like to see the debit cards out of the revolving funds be used to pay for things the town reimburses through the budget. Mr. Murray would like to see credit cards for each department head for items such as these so they aren’t being expensed twice. – TABLED

Pete Marrotte – Mr. Marrotte would like to make the Select Board aware that the Welcome to Troy signs are looking terrible and should have some work done to them. Selectmen Hopkins will get in touch with Mr. Dicey and have him work on them.

Evan Roberts building permit application – Mr. Roberts had a shelter on his property for his boats that he removed poured a cement pad and is putting a slightly bigger shelter over. A complaint came in from a town employee saying that the cement pad is too close to the road and does not meet set-back requirements. Mr. Roberts will need to go to Zoning Board of Adjusters. Mr. H. Drugg asked if this shelter was the exact some footprint that was previously there. Selectwoman Guelcher wasn’t sure on the size of the previous one. – TABLED

Mr. Marrotte would like to know why the building permit is less than the demo permit. Chairman Bailey stated that it has always been done like that. Chairman Bailey will work on building inspector for Town Meeting and also changing the fees.

Job descriptions – Selectmen Hopkins did a ride along with Justin Frazier from the Water/Sewer Department. Selectmen Hopkins got the job descriptions for all of the Water/Sewer positions.

Chairman Bailey MOVED to adjourn at 8:27 pm SECOND Selectwoman Guelcher VOTE unanimous