September 2014 Trustee Minutes
Board of Trustees Meeting
September 3, 2014
Members Present: Yvonne Peters, Allan Bailey, Charleen Hoefsmit
Also: Catherine Callegari – Librarian
Treasurer’s Report: Checking – $3,831, Fines – $320, Memorial Fund – $398, Petty Cash – $376
Grand Total: $4,925
Librarian’s Report: Door Count: 1,223, Circulation: 1,842, Computer Usage: 100, New Patrons: 16
- The Trustee’s voted to “bundle” phone services with internet services (provided by Fairpoint) which will both lower costs ($257/year) and increase internet speed (3 times faster).
- Darline plans to return to her position at the front desk by September 16th (coverage remains available through 9/23 – if needed).
- The budget remains on track with 28% of Town Funds available.
- Weeding of books in the fiction section is complete. Future sections to be pruned and maintained, include young adult and juvenile fiction.
- Efforts to keep the smoke detector from “chirping” and prevent it from triggering the elevator doors to stay open, have been successful. Catherine’s examination of the invoice for the work resulted in a reduction of $200 off the bill.
- The DVD player is no longer functional. Catherine is comparing the merits of purchasing a new, or a used, replacement.
- Plans were made concerning preparation and coverage for the upcoming Book Sale scheduled for October 3rd and 4th.
- Catherine met with Bethany Rafail (the reading specialist at Troy school) to arrange a visit for all seven classes (K – 6). Children will tour the library and get their own personal library card.
- Mrs. Rafail offered to provide a “Return to the Library” spot at Troy School for books that need to be shuttled back to the library.
- The library received several compliments from patrons regarding the display, and availability, of books for the High School’s summer reading program.
- The vote was unanimous to cover expenses for Sheila Depew (our Story Time reader) to once again attend this year’s Children’s Literature Festival.
Meeting was adjourned at 6:45 pm. The next meeting will be held on Wednesday, October 1st at 6:00 pm.