October 2017 Trustee Minutes
Board of Trustees Meeting
October 4, 2017 4:00 pm
Members Present: Allan Bailey, Jacque Sendrowski, and Charleen Hoefsmit
Also: Stephanie Charlefour– Librarian
Allan Bailey opened the meeting at 4:03 pm.
Allan Moved to accept previous Trustee meeting minutes. Second Charleen. Vote unanimous.
Treasurer’s Report: Checking – $2,797.27, Fines -$63.03, Memorial Fund – $539.79, Petty Cash – $83.00 Grand Total: $3482.09
- Allan presented a formal offer letter for Trustee signatures to hand mail to incoming Library Director- Catherine Callegeri.
- Allan Moved that the GKL‘s employment policy state that rehired previous fulltime staff will be reinstated with longevity. Second Vote 2-1, motion carries.
- Stephanie presented a breakdown of the 2018 budget: $109,554.00 Next year’s budget will include a newline item for dues and memberships and another for professional travel.
- Stephanie gave an update on the progress of the Shirley Lang Memorial Fund of approximately $1,000. The Lang family approved Stephanie’s suggestion of purchasing a new 55 inch TV, wall mount, HDMI cords, HDMI to VGA converter, and a permeant name plate to honor Shirley Lang that will be attached to the television.
- Allan Moved proceed with the purchasing of the above equipment. Second Vote-unanimous.
- Dublin Library Trustee Adele Knight will be receiving the Dorothy M. Little Award at the 2017 NHLTA Banquet. Allan Bailey will attend.
- Stephanie discussed the staffing for the months of October and November. Stephanie presented a list of library hours were a seconded body would be needed to comply with GKL staffing policies. A Board of Trustee member will cover those hours.
- Stephanie Charlefour announced her last day would be October 15, 2017.
- The Board of Selectmen will meet at Town Hall on October 16th to discuss the
Budget. Jacque Sendrowski will attend and represent the library.
- Jacque and Allan will both be present at the Budget Committee Meeting on October 26th.
- There were no public comments
Stephanie Charlefour requested a Nonpublic Session, pursuant to Article 91-A: 3, 2 (c)
Allan Moved to go into nonpublic at 4:59 pm. Second Charleen. Vote unanimous.
Trustee meeting went back into public session at 5:16 pm.
- Allan Moved to seal nonpublic minutes, Second Vote Unanimous.
- Allan moved to unseal past nonpublic session meeting minutes that dealt with the departure of the current Library Director and the process of hiring a new one.
December’s Board meeting will be scheduled for November 29th to meet with incoming director
Chairman Bailey adjourned the meeting at 5:23.