SELECT BOARD MEETING MINUTES
TOWN OF TROY
Monday, January 19, 2015 4:45 p.m.
Page 1 of 2
Selectmen Present: William T. Matson, Gideon L. Nadeau, Sr.
Public Present: None
Chairman Matson called the meeting to order at 5:00 p.m.
• Payroll Register, January 26, 2015, onwards needs to be reviewed and approved
• Accounts Payable Register, January 26, 2015, onwards needs to be reviewed and approved
Selectman Nadeau MOVED to postpone acceptance of the Meeting Minutes from December 1, 2014. SECOND: Selectman Kemp. VOTE: Unanimous.
5:03 pm Motion made by Selectman Nadeau to approve meeting minutes from last week January 5th, 2015, Selectman Kemp, and vote is unanimous.
Chair Matson makes a motion to replace the street light at 241 Monadnock St, Annie Thackston send email to PSNH to resolve at 5:05 pm
2. Notices of foreclosure are to be filed with the property cards
3. Hold Monadnock Family Services invoice will be held until the next budget committee meeting – Rhonda will not pay until told to specifically for this bill
4. Rec’d letter on 1 of two Supreme Court cases – court did not rule in favor of the Town of Troy
5. Letter in regards to Mrs. Beaupre should be sent to 10 Dort St, Troy NH to re-affirm that $75,000.00 is the correct total amount paid and this matter is considered resolved
6. International League of Cities, cost is $500.00 – selectman disregard
7. Health Trust update, needs to be filed
5:16 pm Chair Matson makes a motion to close the town offices on both Tuesday 01/27, and Wednesday 01/28. Selectman Nadeau seconds the motion – vote is unanimous.
According the Janet McCullough the laptop that was in Cindy’s position was purchased by the town – this is still under dispute.
Selectman Nadeau asks Chair Matson if he wants to meet with trooper Eaton & County Attorney to discuss the possibility of having the books audited, the court date is currently 02/05 and an extension would be needed if an audit was desired. Selectman Nadeau will contact Lynn Rust CPA in Keene NH to get an approximate cost of an audit. Chair Matson agrees and they both decide selectman Nadeau will have the research done on this by the next select board meeting 02/01/2015.
Annie Thackston will write a cover letter and submit the MRI bill to the County Attorney for reimbursement, due to the fact that Cindy’s absence created an emergency need.
Chris Sheldon pops into the select board meeting to ask about the property taken for taxes and is advised by the select board that the properties need to be offered back to the owners and provided a brief explanation of the process in general.
Chair Matson makes a motion to support Jimmy Dicey’s Warrant article requesting a new truck for four years with the first payment being $17,278.93, Selectman Nadeau seconds – vote is unanimous.
Chair Matson makes a motion to accepts Robert Kemps resignation from the select board, Selectman Nadeau seconds – vote is unanimous.
Chair Matson makes a motion to not fill the remaining term that runs until march 15, 2015, Selectman Nadeau seconds – vote is unanimous.
Janitor: 2 new applications received, decision will be made at next Monday’s select board meeting based on resumes, applications and former interviews
Welfare administrator: 2 new applications received, Annie will reach out and schedule interviews next Monday
6:14 pm meeting adjourns
Chairman Matson MOVED to adjourn the meeting at 7:16 p.m. SECOND: Selectman Kemp. VOTE: Unanimous.
TROY SELECT BOARD:
Anna V. Thackston William T. Matson
Gideon L. Nadeau, Sr.
Robert J. Kemp, Jr.