Under the supervision of the Library Director:
- Keeps interior of building clean and in orderly condition, including but not limited to, the following: dusts furniture, washes woodwork, interior glass, display cases, countertops, walls and windows. Cleans washrooms, water fountains, and staff area. Sweeps, mops, vacuums as needed.
- Empties trash and garbage containers.
- Keeps staff and customers’ restrooms provided with paper towels, soap, etc.
- Keeps track of supplies. Alerts director when supplies are low.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Knowledge of building cleaning practices, supplies and equipment, and the ability to use them economically and efficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Thoroughness, dependability, good physical condition.
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds.
- High school degree or GED with experience in building cleaning practices.
3 hours per week.