On behalf of FairPoint I would like to thank all of you for investing the time with us on Monday to review FairPoint broadband availability and opportunity in Troy.
To recap key findings:
- With the upgrades earlier this year, 90% of the addresses in Troy qualify for FairPoint’s DSL asymmetrical service speeds of at least 7Mbps. 71% are eligible for speeds of 20Mbps or more.
- FairPoint’s symmetrical business Carrier Ethernet Service is available throughout the Town – build out costs are determined by proximity to access fiber.
- Today, 95% of FairPoint subscribers in Troy are “under-subscribed” meaning that they are eligible for a higher speed than what has been purchased.
- Mailings have been sent to eligible addresses regarding upgrades but the sense is that they are discarded. Possible reason could be that recipients remember the last pain point they had (when service was not available) and simply don’t believe that it is available now.
- More awareness is needed as to the availability of FairPoint broadband.
- Businesses in the Town need a FairPoint Sales Contact to review best available service to meet their needs.
- Customers have concerns about performance of legacy DSL and “crossed wires” voice service issues.
- FairPoint will create, and provide to the Town for distribution, a “Community Broadband Update” that will describe the upgrades, enhancements and availability of broadband services in Troy (both residential and business). Also included will be specific customer service numbers to call for inquiries and upgrades.
- FairPoint’s Small Business Account Executive for Troy is Parker Ferrell. He is copied on this email. His contact information is:
o Parker Ferrell – Account Executive | Business Sales Western New Hampshire
FairPoint Communications | Keene NH, 03431 | firstname.lastname@example.org
http://Business.FairPoint.com | (603) 656.4012 Direct |
o Parker has already reached out to Darryl Meatter from SURELL and will meet with him on Thursday, 8/11, to discuss best solutions. Parker will also contact the other businesses mentioned during our meeting to see if he can help (Monadnock Berries and Inn at East Hill Farm).
o Parker will reach out to Tom Matson regarding availability and cost of both upgraded DSL (now eligible for 25Mbps) and CES to meet his business/work-at-home needs.
- FairPoint’s Government Account Manager for the Town of Troy is Marc Abatiell. He is copied on this email. His contact information is:
o Marc C. Abatiell- Senior Account Manager – Government and Education, NH
FairPoint Communications | 770 Elm Street Manchester, NH 03101| email@example.com
o 603 656 8039 office | 603 491 4224 cell
o Marc will check in with the Town Library to ensure that the 25Mbps DSL service meets their needs.
- Residential Customer Care will reach out to John Johansen regarding his DSL service issues and to discuss the upgrade opportunity to move to a 7Mbps service on FairPoint’s NGN platform.
- Repair will reach out to Nancy Thompson (Alyssa’s Mom) to try and determine why her crossed voice line problem continues.
Please let me know if there is anything else that I missed. We would also be happy to attend the Town wide meeting/fair that you mentioned to represent FairPoint. Just let us know the details.
Thanks again and I look forward to continuing to work with you.
Ellen G. Scarponi – Senior Director Government Relations & Economic Development NH FairPoint Communications | 770 Elm Street, Manchester, NH 03101 | firstname.lastname@example.org
603-656-8118 office |603-703-7315 cell