February 2014 Trustee Minutes
Board of Trustees Meeting
February 12, 2014
Members Present: Yvonne Peters, Allan Bailey, Charleen Hoefsmit
Also: Catherine Callegari – Librarian
Treasurer’s Report: Checking – $8,360, Fines – $578, Memorial Fund – $318, Petty Cash – $404
Grand Total: $9,660
Librarian’s Report: Door Count: 1,034, Circulation: 1,891, Computer Usage: 75, New Patrons: 4
- Trust Funds have been received and are $48.00 higher than last year’s amount. It is anticipated that invoices for ballast repairs to the overhead lights will not cause overages to the new budget.
- Catherine has been awarded a scholarship to register for the Public Library Association’s March Conference.
- Attendance at March’s seminar will prevent Catherine from participating in the Troy Town Meeting. The Trustees will be present to represent the library.
- Plans remain in place for author Richard Rubin’s visit to the library on March 8th.
- Two new “spinner racks” have been placed in the upstairs DVD section, making shelf space available for displaying games in the downstairs children’s area. Both additions are functional and aesthetically pleasing.
- The closing of the library on Thursday 2/13 (due to upcoming weather conditions) was discussed and confirmed.
Meeting was adjourned @ 6:35 pm. The next meeting will be held on Wednesday, March 5th at 6:00 pm.