January 2014 Trustee Minutes
Board of Trustees Meeting
January 8, 2014
Members Present: Yvonne Peters, Allan Bailey, Charleen Hoefsmit
Also: Catherine Callegari – Librarian, and Lynn Smith from Troy Town News
Treasurer’s Report: Checking – $2,731, Fines – $430, Memorial Fund – $118, Petty Cash – $319 Grand Total: $3,598
Librarian’s Report: Door Count: 1,025, Circulation: 1,873, Computer Usage: 73, New Patrons: 4
- After discussing the pros and cons with Lynn Smith, it was decided to allow Troy Town News the use of a small area (in the downstairs portion of the library) as a work place for their laptops and materials. The topic will be revisited after a 6 month trial period to determine if they will remain on a permanent basis.
- The final numbers for 2013 found the budget over by .84% ($722.98). Contributing factors were electrical costs, heating oil and plumbing repairs.
- Work on the Panic Button (the final item on the 2012 Warrant Article) was completed. With all items done, including several under budget, the unused funds ($527.00) will return to the Town Building Fund.
- The Trustees voted “yes” to Catherine attending the Public Library Association’s seminar in March. Registration fees will (hopefully) be covered by a N.H. Library Trust Scholarship. Up to $900.00 has been approved for expenses (flight, hotel, etc.).
- Catherine met with the Norm Dion of the Trustees of the Trust Fund and discussed procedures for the yearly distribution of the finances.
- The three year term for Yvonne Peters as chairperson is coming to an end. She is will be running for another term.
- Due to schedule conflicts, the Trustees’ meeting for April will be held on the 9th instead of the 2nd.
- Electrical work is scheduled for January 9th. Ballasts will be fixed on the light fixtures above the young adult section and elsewhere as needed.
- Permission was given for the Troy-Fitzwilliam Girl Scout Troop to enjoy a sleepover night at the library. Details on date and time will be forthcoming.
- The closing of the library on January 2nd (due to inclement weather) prompted a review of closing procedures. Catherine will use elements of the discussion to create a “check-list” to streamline the process.
Meeting was adjourned at 7:00 PM. The next meeting will be held on Wednesday, February 5th at 6:00 PM.