Gay-Kimball Library Job Opening
Do you thrive on delivering excellent customer service? Are you tech-savvy and an avid reader or movie lover? We are looking for a person who enjoys interacting with the public, is detail-oriented, and has excellent communication and technology skills.
This position requires:
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, verbally, and electronically
- Ability to utilize automated circulation system and to execute circulation policies and procedures
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks and give friendly, respectful, helpful service to all library users
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Helping patrons locate library materials
- Checking in/out library materials
- Assisting patrons with digital media
- Registering new patrons
- Collection maintenance tasks
- Interlibrary loan processing
- Computer/Printing assistance and troubleshooting
- High school/GED required; some college coursework preferred
- Library experience preferred
- Exemplary customer service skills with customer service experience
- Computer literacy expected including but not limited to Internet apps, MS Office and the ability to troubleshoot
- Sound judgment, initiative, tact and courtesy, attention to detail, and organized
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with patrons, staff, etc.
- Ability to lift boxes and books and push book carts weighing upwards of 20 pounds
- Ability to stand, sit, bend, and reach
This job is for the following hours: Tues. 10:00a –7p Wed. & Thurs. 2p – 7p, plus two Saturdays a month 9:45a-2p. Approximately 18-22 hours a week.
We are accepting applications from candidates who can work some or all of these shifts.
Wage range $12 – $14 an hour depending on experience. This is not a benefits eligible position.
Position is open until filled with a first review of applicants beginning immediately. For a complete job description, please go to www.troylibrary.us/library-assistant-job-description .
Send letter of interest and resume to: email@example.com EOE.