November 2013 Trustee Minutes
Gay – Kimball Library
Board of Trustees Meeting
November 6, 2013
Members Present: Yvonne Peters, Allan Bailey, Charleen Hoefsmit
Also: Catherine Callegari – Librarian
Treasurer’s Report: Checking – $4,023, Fines – $430, Memorial Fund – $281, Petty Cash – $486 Grand Total: $5,220
Librarian’s Report: Door Count: 1,415, Circulation: 2,281, Computer Usage: 88, New Patrons: 10
- The budget is on track with 16% of Town Funds available. Catherine and the Trustees will meet with The Selectmen on 11/25.
- The Panic Button (the final item on the 2012 Warrant Article) is awaiting a “set-up” date. Preferably, no later than mid-November.
- Proceeds from the October Book Sale totaled $890.00 (approximately $200.00 more than sales in the spring).
- An update of PSNH costs finds the audit complete and ready for evaluation. Discussion and determinations are ongoing as the data is assessed.
- The Selectmen have decided that (effective in January) there will no longer be paid personal days available to Town employees. The Trustees have decided not to follow suit – full time library staff will continue to have 2 paid personal days available.
- Kimball Hall may be closing for the winter. If so, a request from Troy Town News regarding using the Library for work-space for their laptop and publishing materials will be considered.
- Holiday closings were confirmed and posted to the Library’s website.
- After $475.00 to the plumber, the clogged toilets in the Men’s and Ladies’ Rooms are “up and running (in a good way!) The problem of “roots in the pipes” will require a more permanent solution which Catherine will be investigating.
- Heritage Quest (an on-line genealogy database) has been purchased by the Library. The program, which costs $75.00/year and includes “home usage”, will be available soon.
- Catherine read four stories to a group of 4 to 8 year olds during “Story time for Tender Shepherd Preschoolers”. She described it as “delightful!”
Meeting was adjourned @ 6:55 P.M. Next meeting will be held on Wednesday, December 4th @ 6:00 P.M.