Draft: TROY WATER AND SEWER COMMISSIONERS MEETING Minutes
February 13, 2019
PRESENT: Bert Lang, Bucky Sheats, Carl Patten, Justin Frazier
Meeting called to Order – Bert called the meeting to order at 5:11
REVIEW OF THE MINUTES FROM January 9, 2019 – Bucky made a motion to accept the minutes as read, Bert
seconded. All in favor of minutes as read. Motion passed
1. Conex Box – Work in progress
2. Gravel Pack Road – will wait till spring
3. Man Holes –Justin shared that cold patch has been put out around them, will continue to monitor throughout the
winter and patch as necessary until spring when they can be properly fixed.
4. Heating System Update – Justin spoke with Chris, will start mid to late April, Chris will be down before to go over
everything with Justin before April.
1. MSA Mulit Gas Detector – Justin shared with the Board that we are in need of a new detector as our old one does
not work. Presented the Board with three quotes for the same detector the lowest price $745.00 through Firematic.
We can calibrate down at Fire Department, Justin has already talked with Mark Huntoon. Carl made a motion to
order the gas detector, Bucky seconded all in favor. Motion passed.
2. 98 Monadnock Street Abatement – Rhonda shared that the abatement for 98 Monadnock St was due to line leaking
into their boiler system which has been repaired. Carl made a motion to abate the sewer portion of $254.40, for 4 th
qtr 2018, Bucky seconded, all in favor. Motion passed.
3. 23 Monadnock Street Abatement – Justin shared that the abatement for 23 Monadnock St was due to a hose over
that had been done and the water ran through the meter. During the hose over the water had to remain running. Carl
made a motion to abate the water portion for $440.55 and the sewer portion for $707.55 for 4 th qtr 2018, Bucky
seconded all in favor. Motion passed.
4. Roll of Commissioner – Carl wanted clarification if it was okay to ask the employees questions, if he saw
something and had concerns, Board shared that it was okay to ask employee and then bring to Board to discuss if
there was an issue that may need to be addressed.
5. Confined Space – Bucky shared with the Board that he and Justin had talked about the confined space issue and that
they should be filling out a sheet each time they enter confined space. The Board would like to make sure that this is
being followed through with.
6. Pass Device – Justin shared with the Board that maybe we should look into a pass device unless the Gas Detector
has one built in. He will check tomorrow with Dean at Firematic to see. If there is not one built in Bucky made a
motion to allow Justin to spend up to $400.00 to purchase a pass device, Carl seconded all in favor. Motion passed.
7. Confined Space Training – Rhonda shared with the Board that we have the opportunity to use Primex for Confined
space training. She will call and setup a time and invite the fire dept to join in this training.
8. March Meeting – March meeting will need to be changed due to Town Meeting. Next meeting will be March 19 at
9. Payroll- reviewed and signed
10. Payables – reviewed and signed
11. General Ledgers – reviewed and signed
12. Adjournment – Carl made a motion for adjournment at 6:00, Bucky seconded, all in favor motion passed
Office Manager, Water/Sewer Department